A lot of people assume that they are going to need to save for years and years in order to have the holiday of their dreams. However, this is not the case! It is a lot easier to visit Maui on a budget than you may realize. In this blog post, we are going to take a look at some of the different ways that you can save money while exploring everything that Maui has to offer.
Saving money on travel
First, let’s begin by taking a look at some of the different ways you can save money in Maui in terms of travel…
- Travel in the off-season– This is one of the best ways to save a considerable amount of money. The shoulder seasons and off-season period in Maui are April to May and September to October. You will find that flights are cheaper during this period, as is accommodation. Plus, there will not be as many crowds, meaning you can enjoy everything Maui has to offer in peace.
- Save money while renting a car– Another way to save some cash is to find ways to rent a vehicle cheaper. Look for aneconomy carand you will save money on two-fronts. Not only will the rental charge be cheaper but it will cost a lot less to top up your fuel tank too. Take the time to do some research online and compare different car rental sites so that you can find the best deal.
Saving money on food and drink
Next, let’s continue by taking a look at some of the different ways you can save money in Maui in terms of food and drink…
- Rent a place that has a kitchen– If you rent somewhere with a kitchen, you are going to be able to save money by cooking your own food.
- Look for Happy Hour deals– There are lots of bars and restaurants offering Happy Hour, so make the most of this. Some restaurants keep happy hour going until late afternoon. Plus, you can even find Happy Hour deals at food trucks too.
- Eat at food trucks– There are lots of food trucks around Maui, which enable you to try the exotic local fare without spending a large amount of money.
- Buy alcohol from the local markets– A lot of people who have visited Maui a number of times will recommend heading to the local market on your first day. Here, you can buy alcohol and any snacks that you have not brought with you. It’s a lot cheaper to do it this way.
- Pack some snacks– Speaking of snacks, why not pack some and bring some snacks with you? As Maui is an island, a lot of the food has to be imported, and this is why it is more expensive. Bringing some snacks with you will save you a good chunk of money while you are there.
Saving money on activities
Explore the great outdoors– One of the great things about Maui is that the landscape is truly beautiful. A lot of thehikingtrails in Maui are free. Some do charge fees, yet they are very cheap. You can explore all of the waterfall-fed diving pools, bamboo, and tropical flowers. Of course, a day at the beach is also a way to have fun without spending any money. There are many ways to explore the outdoors without blowing your budget in Maui.
Bring your own gear forsnorkeling– There are a lot of hotels that will offer free snorkel equipment, and so if this is the case, you obviously won’t need to bring anything. However, you should never simply assume that this is going to be the case. Make sure you check in advance. If not, it could be a lot cheaper to bring your own flippers with you. You can dodge rental fees and they are not going to take up a huge amount of space in your suitcase.
As you can see, you do not need to spend a lot in order to have a great time in Maui. there are a lot of different activities that you can enjoy free of charge. Also, there are many different ways to save a bit of cash too, so make sure you follow the advice that has been provided above.